Friday, March 7, 2008

A Word of Ackowledgement

As we move throughout this life of ours, trying to better ourselves by the Grace of God, we need to be thankful and acknowledge the people that He has put in our path to lead us to holiness.

I wanted to take this time to say "thank you" to some of the men (and a woman) who have blessed me with their faith and their friendship.

First of all, my wife, Heather.  She was the first to turn this boat around and keep it from heading straight into the storm.  It was her guidance that lead me to meet all the other people you see listed below.

Steven Johnson.  His enthusiasm for the Church and her teachings (and being so young to boot) made me ashamed of my lack of knowledge.  It made me want to know more and be a better Catholic.

Deacon Harold Burke-Sivers.  If you hear him speak about our Faith and are not moved... check your pulse.  One time was all it took for me.  He still gets me pumped up when I hear him speak.

Deacon Chuck Amsberry.  When we first met, he was just plain Chuck.  I was blessed by his gentleness and love of the Church.  His family welcomed us with open arms... and still does.  He and his wife, Carol, are the God-parents of my daughter, Elise.

Steve Abrams.  I consider him my spiritual father.  It was his charismatic prayer group that opened me up to really desiring to do the will of God.  He continues to listen to the Lord's voice in his life, and only wants to serve.  I admire that.  He is the God-father of my oldest daughter, Ava.

The men of Teams of Our Lady.  Mark, Jeremy, Aaron, Micah, Charles, Rob, Mike, etc.  How great it is to have others in your life who desire to be holy men of God as well.  We continue to "sharpen" each other from day-to-day.

Please take a moment to pray for those who have helped you grow closer to God.  I'm sure they've done the same for you.

No comments: