Here's a sample of what's going on:
- "Real Catholic Men: The Radio Program" debuts January 11, 2010 on 88.3 FM in Portland, Oregon - or you can listen on the web at http://www.kbvm.fm/. It'll air at 4:15 PM on Wednesdays and Fridays as a lead-in to Peter Herbeck's "Fire of the Earth."
- Men on a Mission: January 9, 2010. St. Matthew Church, Hillsboro, Oregon.
This group is re-forming under a new title and mission... as well as inviting all the other Parishes located on the West side of the Portland Metro area. We will be meeting once a month, and will begin with reading Fr. Larry Richards' wonderful new book, Be A Man.
- Southern Oregon Men's Retreat: January 29-31, 2010.
I am once again pleased to be a part of this retreat, having been the keynote speaker in 2008. They are a great bunch of guys, and are going on their 28th year of getting together to grow in love of the Lord.
- Real Catholic Men Retreat: April 9-11, 2010.
This will be the first "official" retreat put on by Real Catholic Ministries. Deacon Harold Burke-Sivers and I are working on making it a retreat experience unlike any other that men have had. If you are looking to "go deeper" in your search for God - this weekend is for you.
"This ain't your Daddy's men's retreat."
- Journey 365: A Year-Long Guide to Spiritual Growth For Catholic Men, By Catholic Men.
This endeavor will launch in January 2010, and calls for men from around the country (and around the world) to submit their favorite Scripture passage and personally reflect on how that passage has affected them, causing them to be a better husband, father, student, employee - Man of God!
You are encouraged to participate by logging on to www.RealCatholicMen.com in January to learn how you can submit your passage and change the lives of men forever.
- 3rd Annual Real Catholic Men Conference: June 19, 2010. Vancouver, WA
Deacon Harold Burke-Sivers and Evangelists Richard Lane and Hector Molina, Jr. will send the devil running for cover with their Holy Spirit-filled talks about what being a true man of God looks like in the year 2010. This is going to be an incredibly powerful day that you WILL NOT want to miss. Tickets go on sale in April ... and there will be "early bird specials." Stay tuned.
So that's just a sample of the things that Real Catholic Men has been working on. I thank you in advance for your prayers as we continue to do the Lord's work.
And as a New Years' resolution, I will TRY and blog more often.
God bless you all!