Thursday, September 20, 2007

Feast AND Famine

Yes, you read that right. Not "or", but "and". What do I mean? Here it goes.

A couple of years ago I left a position at a local cable access center due to a nasty take-over by an inter-governmental agency. Since then, I have had the severe displeasure of being un- and under-employed. This has caused serious stress upon myself and my family. The idea of starting Real Catholic Men while not living up to my Godly duties weighed (and still weighs) heavily upon me. This is one of the reasons why I know this ministry was/is a God-thing. In spite of this "season" in my life, I was meant to do this and learn from it as well. I am called to be the student before I can be a teacher. And boy, has this class sucked!

As I write this, I am preparing for yet another job interview tomorrow morning. I've been through this anticipation before, only to be seriously disappointed.

In the light of this darkness (I guess that makes sense), I am continually amazed at how God is blessing the start-up of this ministry. I could go into detail after detail on how the Holy Spirit is working with me and through me, but I won't take up that much of your time. But today, I had the great fortune of lining up local a Bishop, Kenneth Steiner, to preside over the Mass at our inaugural conference this June.

If this isn't a God-thing, I don't know what is.

Even as we live month-to-month financially, the Lord blesses us in abundance! I am honored and humbled to be a servant.

No comments: