Thursday, February 14, 2008

Why, Hollywood? Why?

I used to work in Hollywood.  Seriously.  Not just the area, but in "The Biz".  I worked with, and for, a lot of famous people.  I wanted to be wealthy and well-known.  I wanted to be admired for my talent.

I gave up that "dream" when it became apparent that my faith was more important than my social status.  Thank God for the grace of seeing things clearly.

I've seen literally thousands of movies.  Now I hardly even watch any.  They are increasingly evil - depicting sex, drugs, deviant behavior... and even anti-Catholicism... as hip.

I see that they are in the process of making another Dan Brown book.  He of the infamous DiVinci Code.  This one, entitled Angels and Demons, once again uncovers secrets and lies in and around the Vatican.

With any luck, this flic will fall on it's face like The Golden Compass.  But me thinks it will be a success.  Our little friend Opie (Ron Howard) is once again behind this little gem.  Innocence lost, I say.

I just wonder why the overly tolerant Hollywood-types (i.e. gay marriage, abortion, drug use, divorce and illegitimate children) don't grant the same freedom to our faith.  Oh... that's right.  The Catholic Church is in the business of "controlling" people.  We are "brainwashed".  Just mindless sheep.

Well, I'm glad to be a sheep.  I know my master's voice.  This knowledge gives me more freedom than they could ever get out of money or fame.  They are slaves of those things.  They're slaves to society.  To fashion.  To their station.  To the population.

I have a freedom in my God.  Because Jesus in the Truth.  And the truth shall set you free.

1 comment:

Unknown said...


There were watch makers taking apart and assembling trademark movements of replica watches uk their manufactures, engravers creating special components as well as enamel dial painters and replica watches strap-makers. So let's begin by discussing this blend of fine watch exhibitions and a few of watch making's most challenging crafts. We will start with the watchmakers, the men who were working with unbelievable discipline and diligence in this noisy and replica watches tumbling environment. I am certain that every watch enthusiast will be familiar with that particular mixture of rolex replica sale fascination, curiosity and amazement generated by the sight of a fine movement seen through a sapphire case back. At SalonQP some highly replica watches uk acknowledged movement manufacturing brands allowed visitors to get a much better view than any transparent case back would allow as they presented uncased examples of some of replica watches uk their most remarkable calibers.