Thursday, February 21, 2008

Moon Crazy

Last night was the full looney... oops, I mean lunar... eclipse.  Here's what scientists had to say about the effect of said eclipse.

Due to the fact that we are made of of mostly water, the moon (especially a full moon... and double especially a full lunar eclipse) has an effect on our behavior just as it does the tides of the ocean.

Nice.  So essentially we're no more in control of ourselves than a salt-water deposit.

It's so good to hear that science puts the same value on human beings, their life and their ability to reason as they do for a chemical compound.

No wonder a pre-born baby is only seen as a "mass of tissue."

No wonder our bodies are "sexual playgrounds."

No wonder the handicapped are "burdens."

No wonder women are bought and sold in prostitution.

No wonder Jesus was "just a good guy."

I'm sorry, but I am more than the sum of my parts.  I am not just skin, bone, muscle and organs.  I am a child of the Most High, created in the image and likeness of God.

I don't think our Heavenly Father's "mood" is affected by the moon, do you?

Oh, yeah - he made it.  And us.  We are fearful and wonderfully made.  Take that, science.

No comments: