Wednesday, August 4, 2010

When You're Down and Out...

The Sisters at Our Lady of Peace Retreat Center have been so supportive to Real Catholic Ministries.

I attended my first retreat there about 6 years ago. It was a married couples retreat with fellow Teams of Our Lady members. I remember not wanting to leave. The place is so serene and it gave me a quiet place to contemplate my marriage and my manhood.

I've been back many times. And not just for retreats, but to say "hello" and lend a hand when needed.

One of my favorite things to do at OLP is to go to their annual BBQ. So many great people having nothing but good food and fun. Music, games for the kids, raffles. All the things you'd expect.

This year, the Sisters offered to let me have a spot to put up a table to help promote RCM. And what a spot it was. Right by where everyone had to purchase their food tickets. No one could get in without going by me!

Now I must admit, I've been having a rough time of it lately. Both personally and spiritually. Wondering what God is wanting from me. Dealing (again) with disappointments. Sometimes it's hard to be the "face" of RCM when you're not "feeling it."

But this BBQ, this table and this exposure was exactly what I needed.

So many people came up to me to shake my hand and thank me for the ministry. People who are enjoying the radio show. People who are just glad that someone - anyone - is out there on the frontlines giving it a try.

It's true that the laborers are few. And there is much work to me done.

Thank you for your prayers of support. I honestly don't know where I'd be without them.

God bless you all!

9 comments:

Theodore M. Seeber said...

I see you are plagued by the mysterious Chinese Spam Engine as well.

But more on topic.

As I'm sure you are aware, the OLP BBQ gets most of it's support from the Knights of Columbus. In fact, as a Knight, I've volunteered for the setup/teardown a few times.

It occurs to me that your ministry might benefit from association with a Knights of Columbus Council- and perhaps, since you're on KBVM, even getting the State Council involved.

MovingCompaniesOnline.com said...

Great Blog....



Moving Companies
Truck Rental
Orlando Movers
Self Moving
One Way Truck Rental
One Way Van Rental
Major Moving Companies
Auto Shipping Companies
New York Moving Companies
Moving Estimates
Free Link Exchange
Laminate Wood Flooring
Moving Companies Blog

DL3 said...

What is known about Muslim women

Prefer this video and learn about the lives of Muslim women

http://dl3mashael.blogspot.com/2011/01/muslimska-kvinnor-muslim-women-les.html

Here's a video also shows the true religion, and the fact that Christianity

http://dl3mashael.blogspot.com/2011/01/blog-post_28.html

Wishing you a happy

superman said...

Nice post!


Portable Generators | Florida Beach Weddings

Angela B said...

Great blog! Thanks :)

OneWay Van Rental

Citizen Atheist said...

Wow... Real Catholics, as opposed to all of those fake Catholics? Personally, I'd rather have the fake ones. At least they didn't murder, commit cannibalism in the crusades and rip Jewish babies from their parents. Catholics are like the rest of Christendom: afflicted with rectal-cranial-inversion.

qifei2012 said...

When your modest enhancement in this particular timetable creating the worry it's a sign of comprehensive health and fitness 90 day workout p90x workout. The actual role to the work out center is not only just for producing men and women strong muscled and also nicely toned, nevertheless the aim for with health and fitness exercise could be to conserve the sort above the technique 90 day workout. A person's soul, voice, hard working liver, your current bone tissues in addition to muscle tissue on your method goods underneath excellent well being Wholesale p90x. Insanity workout

crobl005 said...

www.spiritlessons.com

Unknown said...

Very nice post.

summer sun hats for women