Monday, January 28, 2008

No Such Thing as a Coincidence

Last month I wrote a little article about about a local radio station here in Portland.  You can read it below.  

The response to this article, and the e-mail campaign that followed was very supportive.  Sure, there are those few who are afraid of the truth.  This is no surprise.

Today as I was re-reading the article I decided to click on the link to the advertisers' page.  To my surprise, the link was broken.  Hmmm.  I then went to the station's website.  It had been re-vamped and the advertisers' page updated.  The advertiser in question had been removed.

For those who differ with my take on things, I want to make two points perfectly clear:

1) I did indeed hear Pete and Brenda's comments firsthand.  Both days.  It is not a coincidence that they had these two actors' voices on the day before, and the day of, the release of the film.  An accident?  Hardly.  This is promoting the film.  I heard them.  

2) The Programming Director did invite me to come and speak with him, but only after I had threatened the boycott, and after NOT admitting to any wrongdoing.  I think the removal of the advertiser shows that indeed he saw the error.  However, I know that the station will not institute a policy which states that advertisers must meet strict ethical and moral guidelines.  
This would be too difficult.

It's not easy being a Christian.  Never has been.  Never will be.

No comments: