Saturday, November 17, 2007

Reality and Real Catholic Men

God loves to make sure that we are relying on Him.

For two-and-a-half years, my wife and I each worked part-time in order to raise our two girls ourselves. While it allowed us to forge a great bond with them as parents, it caused other stresses in our lives. When we decided that it was time for me to go back to work full-time, it was easier said than done. During that time, I began Real Catholic Ministries and all the work that we intend to do for God.

This week I started a new job. I think it's going to be great, but I'm afraid. I'm afraid that RCM will suffer. As you can imagine, I don't have as much free-time as I used to have. We now have to put the kids in childcare - another financial obligation that we have to account for. Will they adjust to the new people and place?

How will I have time for work, family, the ministry, my own spiritual formation, etc.? I suppose that's the reality of being a real Catholic man. We must all rely on God - not ourselves - to meet all of the rigors of life.

Jesus says it very clearly in Matthew 11:28-30 . "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Amen to that. Amen.

No comments: